Saturday 1 January 2011

Polka Dots New Year


Since my younger years, my parents used to tell us that we should wear polka dots during the new year's day to attract money/coins, jump at midnight to grow taller for the whole year and make noise as we welcome the upcoming year to get rid of the bad spirits.
The good news is that cousin tEssol and a friend shed is coming to welcome 2011 with the whole family, and the banging news is that I am going to work at 8:00pm so I was expecting that it will be better if we start early so I can join them in the happenings. Unfortunately, tAanne went home at 5:00 from town so we only have three hours together minus the time that they need to prepare themselves.
While waiting for them, I made fruit tarts and cupcakes!

eggs holder turned to tarts holder




timer shots with tEssol and Shed whist waiting for the others
wacky, supposedly!
round foods as traditions are living in our hearts

Polka Dots Ladies
make noise by singing in kareoke to get rid of so-called bad spirits
As the time passes by, I have to leave for work!
and the party continues . . .
titaGlo came with boy friend and the two sons Bismark and John, Uncle Jun was able to join because he finished cooking (he's the kitchen in charged most of the time)  
teShai was able to come five minutes before 12 midnight
as they were having a toast for the prosperous 2011,
I am so sleepy at work.
Have a fab 2011 everyone!! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment